Advanced Juniper Security (AJSEC)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
AJSEC Advanced Juniper Security (AJSEC)
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: $
- Certifications: JNCIP SEC
This four-day course, which is designed to build off the current Juniper Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security, next-generation security features, and ATP supporting software.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of advanced logging and reporting, next generation Layer 2 security, next generation advanced anti-malware with Juniper ATP On-Prem and SecIntel. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 20.1R1.11, Junos Space Security Director 19.4, Juniper ATP On-Prem version 5.0.7.
• Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Juniper
• Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
• Describe the Juniper Connected Security model.
• Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
• Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
• Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
• Demonstrate understanding of Tenant Systems (TSYS).
• Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
• Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical
• Describe and discuss Juniper ATP and its function in the network.
• Describe and implement Juniper Connected Security with Policy Enforcer in a
• Describe firewall filters use on a security device.
• Implement firewall filters to route traffic.
• Explain how to troubleshoot zone problems.
• Describe the tools available to troubleshoot SRX Series devices.
• Describe and implement IPsec VPN in a hub-and-spoke model.
• Describe the PKI infrastructure.
• Implement certificates to build an ADVPN network.
• Describe using NAT, CoS and routing protocols over IPsec VPNs.
• Implement NAT and routing protocols over an IPsec VPN.
• Describe the logs and troubleshooting methodologies to fix IPsec VPNs.
• Implement working IPsec VPNs when given configuration that are broken.
• Describe Incident Reporting with Juniper ATP On-Prem device.
• Configure mitigation response to prevent spread of malware.
• Explain SecIntel uses and when to use them.
• Describe the systems that work withSecIntel.
• Describe and implement advanced NAT options on the SRX Seriesdevices.
• Explain DNS doctoring and when to use it.
• Describe NAT troubleshooting logs and techniques
• Strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge
• Complete the Juniper Security (JSEC) course prior to attending this class
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Juniper security components.