Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX)
- 20/01/2021 add_shopping_cartVirtual, Delhi, Chennai
- 17/02/2021 add_shopping_cartVirtual, Hyderabad
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
AJEX Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX)
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: $1000
- Certifications: JNCIP ENT
This two-day course is designed to provide detailed coverage of virtual LAN (VLAN) operations, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) and VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP), authentication and access control for Layer 2 networks, IP telephony features, class of service (CoS) and monitoring and troubleshooting tools and features supported on the EX Series Ethernet Switches. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations. This course uses Juniper
Networks EX 4300 Series Ethernet Switches for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. Optional lab components are available allowing attendees to perform network management and troubleshooting tasks using Junos Space Network Director. This course is based on Junos OS Release 20.1R1.11.
• Restrict traffic flow within a VLAN.
• Manage dynamic VLAN registration.
• Tunnel Layer 2 traffic through Ethernet networks.
• Review the purpose and operations of a spanning tree.
• Implement multiple spanning-tree instances in a network.
• Implement one or more spanning-tree instances for a VLAN.
• List the benefits of implementing end-user authentication.
• Explain the operations of various access control features.
• Configure and monitor various access control features.
• Describe processing considerations when multiple authentication and access
control features are enabled.
• Describe some common IP telephony deployment scenarios.
• Describe features that facilitate IP telephony deployments.
• Configure and monitor features used in IP telephony deployments.
• Explain the purpose and basic operations ofCoS.
• Describe CoS features used in Layer 2networks.
• Configure and monitor CoS in a Layer 2network.
• Describe a basic troubleshooting method.
• List common issues that disrupt network operations.
• Identify tools used in network troubleshooting.
• Use available tools to resolve network issues.
• Discover, configure, and troubleshoot EX Series switches using Junos Space
• Intermediate-level networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite
• Attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, and the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course prior to attending this class
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches using Junos ELS.