Juniper Cloud Networking with AWS and Azure (JCNAA)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
JCNAA Juniper Cloud Networking with AWS and Azure (JCNAA)
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: $
This four-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to implement Juniper Networks vSRX in the AWS and Azure environments. Students will gain in-depth knowledge about how to launch and configure the vSRX using different cloud designs. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience deploying the vSRX in multiple configurations to secure cloud resources. This course
uses various releases of the vSRX from Junos OS version 15.1X49-D100 through Junos OS version 19.1R1, as well as Space, Security Director, and Policy Enforcer releases 19.1R1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe major cloud concepts.
• Describe how virtualization is used in the cloud.
• Describe various security designs used in the cloud.
• Describe the AWS architecture and explain how each tier will be used.
• Access the AWS management console.
• Create an AWS user account.
• Navigate the AWS Marketplace to find Juniper offerings.
• Describe the operation of the vSRX in AWS.
• Launch a vSRX device in AWS.
• Configure the vSRX to pass traffic.
• Describe CloudFormation features.
• Describe the CloudFormation template format.
• Describe the basics of JSON and YAML.
• Use a CloudFormation template.
• Describe Azure cloud services.
• Describe the Azure cloud architecture.
• Navigate the Azure portal.
• Control access to Azure.
• List the steps to follow to launch an Azure service.
• Navigate the Azure Marketplace to find Juniper products.
• List the vSRX offerings in Azure.
• Describe the pre-launch considerations for the vSRX in Azure.
• List the steps required to launch the “vSRX Next Generation Firewall” in Azure.
• List the steps required to launch the “vSRX A Security Gateway” in Azure.
• Describe the configuration needed for the vSRX to work in Azure.
• Describe the Azure Resource Manager Features.
• Describe the Azure Resource Manager Template Format.
• Deploy an Azure Resource Manager Template.
• List the various ways to connect to and between cloud resources.
• Describe the Transit VPC’s purpose and operation.
• Describe various Transit VPC designs.
• Create a Transit VPC in AWS.
• Configure Spoke VPCs to connect to a Transit VPC.
• Describe secure connection operations.
• Describe the configuration requirements to establish an IPsec tunnel between an Enterprise/DC SRX and the AWS cloud.
• Describe the configuration requirements to establish an IPsec tunnel between an Enterprise/DC SRX and a vSRX in the AWS cloud.
• Describe the configuration requirements to establish an IPsec tunnel between cloud networks using the vSRX.
• List the advanced vSRX security features that can be used to protect cloud
• Describe the components needed to implement Juniper Networks Connected Security in the cloud.
• Configure AWS cloud components needed to support Juniper Networks
Connected Security in the cloud.
• Configure Space with Security Director and Policy Enforcer to implement Juniper Networks Connected Security to protect AWS cloud resources.
• Describe the benefits provided by CEM.
• Describe the use cases of CEM.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
• Basic TCP/IP skills
• Basic understanding of the Junos operating system
• Basic understanding of the SRX Series device and its range of security features
The primary audiences for this course are the following:
• Individuals who want a basic understanding of the cloud operations, terms, and structure needed to work in cloud environments.
• Individuals who want to learn how to securely expand their IT operations into the cloud with the vSRX and understand their design choices.