Juniper Networks Design – Data Center (JND-DC)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
JND-DC Juniper Networks Design – Data Center (JND-DC)
- Duration: 5 days
- Price: Contact For Price
- Certifications: JNCDS DC
This five-day course is designed to cover best practices, theory, and design principles for data center design including data center architectures, data center interconnects, security considerations, virtualization, and data center operations.
• Describe high-level concepts about different data center architectures.
• Identify features used to interconnect data centers.
• Describe key high-level considerations about securing and monitoring a data
• Outline key high-level concepts when implementing different data center
• Describe data center cooling designs and considerations.
• Explain device placement and cabling requirements.
• Outline different data center use cases with basic architectures.
• Describe a traditional multitier data center architecture.
• Explain link aggregation and redundant trunk groups.
• Explain multichassis link aggregation.
• Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of a Virtual Chassis.
• Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of a VCF.
• Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of Junos Fusion.
• Describe the reasons for the shift to IP fabrics.
• Describe the design considerations for routing in an IP Fabric.
• Describe how to scale an IP fabric.
• Describe the design considerations for an Overlay network.
• Define the term Data Center Interconnect.
• List differences between the different Layer 2 and Layer 3 DCIs.
• Summarize and discuss the benefits and use cases for EVPN.
• Discuss the security requirements and design principles of the data center.
• Identify the security elements of the data center.
• Describe network security implementation options in the data center.
• Discuss network security functionality in the data center.
• Explain the purpose of SDN.
• Explain the function of Contrail.
• Describe the purpose of NFV.
• Discuss the purpose and function of vSRX and vMX.
• Explain how to collect analytics in the SDN data center.
• Discuss the importance of understanding the baseline behaviors in our data center.
• Describe the Junos Space Network Management Platform and its deployment options.
• Describe the importance of analytics.
• Discuss automation in the data center.
• Discuss the benefits of QoS and CoS.
• Describe the benefits of a converged network.
• Identify general aspects of data center migration.
• Describe some best practices for migration planning.
• Outline some common migration scenarios.
• Describe high availability design considerations in the data center.
• Provide an overview of high availability offerings and solutions in the data center.
• Knowledge of routing and switching architectures and protocols.
• Knowledge of Juniper Networks products and solutions.
• Understanding of infrastructure security principles.
• Basic knowledge of hypervisors and load balancers.
• Completion of the Juniper Networks Design Fundamentals (JNDF) course.
This course is targeted specifically for those who have a solid understanding of operation and configuration and are looking to enhance their skill
sets by learning the principles of design for the data center.