Junos Segment Routing (JSR)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
J-IPv6 Junos Segment Routing (JSR)
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: $
This one-day course is designed to provide in-depth instruction segment routing, or Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING). The course focuses on the configuration of Juniper Networks routing and switching devices to support segment routing using MPLS switching. Topics include functional concepts, the configuration of the IGPs used to propagate label information within a domain, segment routing traffic engineering using BGP colored routes, and redundancy/high availability concepts including BFD, Topology Independent Loop-Free Alternative (TI-LFA), Anycast Segments, and the implementation of link aggregation in a segment routing
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe and configure segment routing.
• Configure traffic engineering with segment routing static paths.
• Configure traffic engineering paths using BGP and colored route tags.
• Describe and configure TI-LFA.
• Describe use cases for Anycast segments and configure Anycast segments.
• Configure LAG in a segment routing design.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
• Understanding of the OSI model
• Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing(AJER) course or equivalent knowledge strongly recommended
• Intermediate knowledge of MPLS functions
• Intermediate to advanced Junos CLI experience
The primary audiences for this course are the following:
• Service provider design engineers
• Campus and enterprise design engineers