Junos Layer 2 VPNs (JL2V)
JL2V Junos Layer 2 VPNs (JL2V)
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: Contact For Price
- Certifications: JNCIP SP
This two-day course is designed to provide students with MPLS-based Layer 2 virtual private network (VPN) knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of MPLS Layer 2 VPN concepts, such as BGP Layer 2 VPNs, LDP Layer 2 circuits, FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery, virtual private LAN service (VPLS), Ethernet VPN (EVPN), and Inter-AS Layer 2 VPNs. These concepts are put into practice with a series of in-depth hands-on labs, which will allow participants to gain experience in configuring
and monitoring Layer 2 VPNs, VPLS, and EVPNs on Junos OS devices utilizing the Junos OS Release 16.2R1.6
Define the term virtual private network.
• Describe the business drivers for MPLS VPNs.
• Describe the differences between Layer 2 VPNs and Layer 3 VPNs.
• List advantages for the use of MPLS Layer 3 VPNs and Layer 2 VPNs.
• Describe the roles of a CE device, PE router, and P router in a BGP Layer2
• Explain the flow of control traffic and data traffic for a BGP Layer 2 VPN.
• Configure a BGP Layer 2 VPN and describe the benefits and requirements
• Monitor and troubleshoot a BGP Layer 2 VPN.
• Explain the BGP Layer 2 VPN scaling mechanisms and route reflection.
• Describe the Junos OS BGP Layer 2 VPN CoS support.
• Describe the flow of control and data traffic for an LDP Layer 2 circuit.
• Configure an LDP Layer 2 circuit.
• Monitor and troubleshoot an LDP Layer 2 circuit.
• Describe the operation of FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery for Layer 2 VPNs.
• Configure a FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery Layer 2 VPN.
• Monitor and troubleshoot a FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery for Layer 2 VPNs.
• Describe the difference between Layer 2 MPLS VPNs and VPLS.
• Explain the purpose of the PE device, the CE device, and the P device.
• Explain the provisioning of CE and PE routers.
• Describe the signaling process of VPLS.
• Describe the learning and forwarding process of VPLS.
• Describe the potential loops in a VPLS environment.
• Configure BGP, LDP, and FEC 129 BGP autodiscovery VPLS.
• Troubleshoot VPLS.
• Describe the purpose and features of Ethernet VPN.
• Configure Ethernet VPN.
• Monitor and troubleshoot Ethernet VPN.
• Describe the Junos OS support for hierarchical VPN models.
• Describe the Junos OS support for Carrier-of-Carriers VPN Option C.
• Configure the interprovider VPN Option C.
• Describe the Junos OS support for multisegment pseudowire for FEC129.
• Describe and configure circuit cross-connect (CCC).
Students should have intermediate-level networking knowledge and an understanding of OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, and Junos policy. Students should have
experience configuring MPLS label-switched paths using Junos. Students should also attend Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS),
Junos Service Provider Switching (JSPX), Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) and Junos MPLS Fundamentals (JMF) courses prior to attending this
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.