Junos Subscriber Management (JSM)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
JSM Junos Subscriber Management (JSM)
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: Contact For Price
This four-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to configure and manage subscriber management on devices running the Junos operating system. This course focuses on the main configuration components of subscriber management, including subscriber authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) local server and DHCP relay/proxy agent,
the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), subscriber addressing, dynamic profiles, subscriber interfaces, Layer 3 and Layer 2 wholesale services, Pseudowire Head-End Termination (PHT), L2TP, dynamic firewall services, subscriber class of service (CoS), dynamic multicast services, basic NAT and CGN functions, and Subscriber Secure Policy (SSP, or Lawful Intercept).
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in
configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting subscriber management features on MX Series Universal Edge Routers running the Junos OS.
This course is based on the Junos OS Release 20.1R1.11.
Describe the fundamentals of subscriber management on a device running the Junos OS, including broadband access design concepts, hardware and
software requirements, and configuration components.
• Configure subscriber AAA.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot extended DHCP local server, extended
DHCP relay agent, and DHCP relay proxy mode.
• Configure dynamic Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) for subscriber
• Configure subscriber addressing.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic profiles.
• List predefined Junos variables used in subscriber management.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot static and dynamic virtual LANs (VLANs).
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot static and dynamic subscriber interfaces.
• Describe Layer 2 and Layer 3 wholesale services.
• Configure and implement Layer 2 and Layer 3 wholesale services.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic firewall services.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot subscriber CoS.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot dynamic multicast services.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic NAT functions.
• Configure, verify, and troubleshoot Subscriber Secure Policy (Lawful Intercept).
- A strong base of networking fundamentals;
- A high-level understanding of broadband access concepts;
- Experience and familiarity with the Junos OS;
- Familiarity with the Junos command-line interface (CLI); and
- Completion of the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course
This course is intended for network administrators who configure and administer subscriber management features on MX routers running the