MPLS and Segment Routing Automation Using NorthStar (MSRN)
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates
MSRN MPLS and Segment Routing Automation Using NorthStar (MSRN)
- Duration: 4 days
- Price: $
This four-day course is designed to introduce various Juniper NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner features including, but not limited to, WAN topology discovery, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) label switched path (LSP) management, Segment Routed (SR-TE) LSPs, RSVP signaled LSPs, Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP), LSP optimization, egress peer engineering (EPE), LSP calendaring, maintenance
scheduling, NorthStar troubleshooting, REST API, P2MP LSPs, failure simulation, reporting, network modeling, path demand placement, and hardware inventory. Students will learn to configure and monitor these features that exist on Juniper’s NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner platforms with the help of a network built using vMX Series devices.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing the above features of the NorthStar Controller and Planner. This course is based on NorthStar Release 5.0.
• Describe the various WAN domains.
• Describe the use cases for NorthStar.
• Describe the use cases for NorthStar Planner.
• Describe the usage of PCEP.
• Describe RSVP signaling using the CSPF algorithm.
• Describe the NorthStar VMs and their processes.
• Describe the post installation setup process.
• Describe the behavior of topology discovery.
• Describe the configuration of IGP topology discovery.
• Describe the configuration of BGP-LS topology discovery.
• Describe how to access the NorthStar Controller Operator and Planner user
• Describe the basic features of the NorthStar Controller Operator user
• Describe the various LSP types.
• Configure PCC controlled LSPs.
• Configure PCE delegated LSPs.
• Configure PCE initiated LSPs.
• Monitor LSPs from the NorthStar Operator user interface.
• Describe primary, secondary, and standby LSPs.
• Describe symmetric pairs of LSPs.
• Describe diversity groups.
• Describe using Junos MPLS LSP templates.
• Describe LSP calendaring.
• Describe Inter-AS LSPs.
• Describe Egress Peer Engineering
• Describe how to provision multiple LSPs.
• Describe LSP optimization.
• Configure Segment Routing
• Provision Segment Routed LSPs
• Manage NorthStar using the REST API
• Troubleshoot NorthStar Controller
• Create P2MP LSPs
• Explain the features, capabilities, and benefits of NorthStar Planner and how
they work to optimize WAN design.
• Access NorthStar Planner and navigate and customize the NorthStar Planner
• Access NorthStar Planner Web UI.
• Explain different methods of creating a network model.
• Manage different files that make up a network model and understand how
these files are organized.
• Modify a network model by performing tasks such as adding links, nodes, and
sites and save these changes to a modeled network.
• Optimize network demand paths, design diverse paths, and perform what-if
scenarios to see how demands are routed.
• Simulate link and node failures and view the effects of these failures on
demand routing across the WAN.
• Analyze and manage network information using the Report Manager interface.
• Perform hardware inventory using the NorthStar Planner interface.
• Understanding the OSI model
• Junos OS configuration experience—the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course or equivalent
• Advanced MPLS knowledge—the Junos MPLS Fundamentals (JMF) course or equivalent
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing MPLS networks that want to add automation using the NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and the end users.