Virtual Application Delivery (vADC): Foundation
pVADC Virtual Application Delivery (vADC): Foundation
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: Contact For Price
- Certifications: Ivanti Technical Expert
This two-day course provides insight into the core functionality of the Virtual Application Delivery (vADC) solution. Students will gain detailed functional knowledge of the Virtual Traffic Manager (vTM), Web Application Firewall and Services Director.
Key areas include traffic management concepts, protocol support, high availability, SSL offload and scripting. Students will build their own demonstration system to show the principal functions of the product in action.
- Network Engineers
- Enterprise System Architects
- Technical Support Specialists
- Implementation Consultants
- System Administrators
- DevOps Specialists
- Sales Engineers
- Must have experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Must have familiarity with the Linux operating system.
- Students should understand load balancing principles.
- Students should understand common application protocols such as HTTP and SMTP.
- Students must bring a laptop computer.
- Students must have access to a Linux instance of their choosing, either running locally on their laptops or remotely accessible over the Internet.
- The Linux system must be preconfigured with bind, Docker, Terraform and the vADC Demo files. The Demo files and configuration instructions can be downloaded from:
- At the beginning of the first day of training all class attendees will be required to start their configured Linux systems and show the configured components to the Instructor.
This course prepares students for the requirements of the “Pulse Secure vADC – Foundation” Technical Expert Certification Exam.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
• Demo 00 – Confirm completion of pre-requisite
Chapter 2: Managing Application Traffic
Chapter 3: Traffic Manager deployment options
• Demo 01 – Launching the Demo System and Navigating the Traffic Manager UI
Chapter 4: Clustering
Chapter 5: Hosting Multiple Services
Chapter 6: Layer 7 Protocol Support
Chapter 7: Managing Nodes and Failover
Chapter 8: TrafficScript fundamentals
• Demo 02 – Applying a TrafficScript Rule
Chapter 9: Web Content Compression and Caching
• Demo 03 – Benefits of Caching
Chapter 10: Session Persistence and SSL Features
• Demo 04 – SSL Offload
Chapter 11: Bandwidth Management and Service Features
• Demo 05 – Traffic Generation and Performance Improvements
Chapter 12: Traffic Manager Troubleshooting
• Demo 06 – Problem Solving with TrafficScript
Chapter 13: Services Director
Chapter 14: Web Application Firewall